
I can't think of a better way to spend Valentines day than seeing one of my favourite Canadian artists live in a beautiful church with my wonderful boyfriend next to me. I have been pretty obsessed with Frazey Ford lately. When I first her song "Done" I put it on repeat for about 3 days. Her album Indian Ocean, recorded in Memphis with Al Green's band, is absolutely stunning and has been on heavy rotation over these last months.
Frazey's voice is simply incredible - filled with emotion and soul. She played a lot from Indian Ocean including "You got religion" which is about 'Nature and Aretha Franklin' and is quickly becoming my next obsession. :) When she put down her guitar to sing "Bird of Paradise" she began dancing and moving her arms to the music in the most beautiful way with her sequined butterfly top sparkling in the spotlight. She seemed like an exotic bird herself and I felt lucky to be witnessing her singing for us mere humans. She played all my favourites from her first album, Obadiah, such as "Blue Streak Mama" and "Like you better". She even covered some Bob Dylan and D'Angelo and played an awesome funk song from her days in a funk band. I love her music so much I could have listened to her sing for hours. The last song she played was "Indian Ocean" and it brought tears to my eyes because it was all just too beautiful and I was sad that it had to end.
No comments:
Post a Comment