Chet Faker played a rowdy and packed Commodore Ballroom. He was the best electronic musician I have ever seen. I hesitate to even call him a DJ because I feel like most DJs just hit play and jump around with their arms in the air. Chet was sweating through his beard, and pouring every once of himself into each knob and switch while performing his own vocals. It was quite incredible to watch. I was surprised when he played 'Drop the game' (one of my favourite songs at the moment) because I thought it was a Flume song. Turns out Chet Faker and Flume are roomates in Australia and created that song together. The highlight of the show for me was when he played Gold in the encore which is my favourite. The only downside of the show was that we couldn't understand a word that he said to the crowd because his accent was so thick. Overall, I am totally glad that I took the opportunity to go even though the next day of school was brutal. Sometimes you have to be a little irresponsible.
Thursday, September 25, 2014
Chet Faker - Live at The Commodore Ballroom
A few weeks ago I tried to get tickets for this show and was devastated when I found out it was sold out. Tickets on Kijiji were around $100, which is way more than I was willing to pay for a concert, so I faced the hard fact that this was a show I would have to sit out. As the day got closer, I was a actually a bit relieved because I had an insanely busy week with school and presentations and labs and probably shouldn't have been going to a concert anyways. At around 3pm I got a text that a friend had an extra ticket. Even though I had way to much school work to get done and knew I really shouldn't do it, I hastily took him up on the extra ticket.
Chet Faker played a rowdy and packed Commodore Ballroom. He was the best electronic musician I have ever seen. I hesitate to even call him a DJ because I feel like most DJs just hit play and jump around with their arms in the air. Chet was sweating through his beard, and pouring every once of himself into each knob and switch while performing his own vocals. It was quite incredible to watch. I was surprised when he played 'Drop the game' (one of my favourite songs at the moment) because I thought it was a Flume song. Turns out Chet Faker and Flume are roomates in Australia and created that song together. The highlight of the show for me was when he played Gold in the encore which is my favourite. The only downside of the show was that we couldn't understand a word that he said to the crowd because his accent was so thick. Overall, I am totally glad that I took the opportunity to go even though the next day of school was brutal. Sometimes you have to be a little irresponsible.
Chet Faker played a rowdy and packed Commodore Ballroom. He was the best electronic musician I have ever seen. I hesitate to even call him a DJ because I feel like most DJs just hit play and jump around with their arms in the air. Chet was sweating through his beard, and pouring every once of himself into each knob and switch while performing his own vocals. It was quite incredible to watch. I was surprised when he played 'Drop the game' (one of my favourite songs at the moment) because I thought it was a Flume song. Turns out Chet Faker and Flume are roomates in Australia and created that song together. The highlight of the show for me was when he played Gold in the encore which is my favourite. The only downside of the show was that we couldn't understand a word that he said to the crowd because his accent was so thick. Overall, I am totally glad that I took the opportunity to go even though the next day of school was brutal. Sometimes you have to be a little irresponsible.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment