Cold War Kids are one of those timeless bands that I could
never get tired of listening to. Over the last ten years they've
maintained their unique style with Nathan Willet's recognizable voice,
bad ass guitar riffs, beautiful piano, catchy choruses and relate-able lyrics making them
one the best loved, longest standing indie rock bands out there. They
played a sold out show at The Commodore Ballroom, one of Vancouver's
most beautiful venues with its winding staircase, wood ballroom floor
and huge windows that overlook the Granville Street night-life. I was
lucky to have my boyfriend at my side for this show and, although we
were not too impressed with the opening band, we had so much fun when
Cold War Kids took the stage singing and swaying and jumping and
dancing. Their newer songs were awesome live, but their old stuff was
still my favourite. We Used to Vacation and Hospital Beds were
highlights but I completely lost it when they played "Hang me up to dry"
which has always been my favorite.
No comments:
Post a Comment