Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Blitzen Trapper: Live @ Commonwealth in Calgary


 Last month I was fortunate enough to be in Calgary to see Blitzen Trapper live at Commonwealth. It was my second time seeing them, but they have so many albums that their selection of songs was quite different from when I saw them a few years ago in Vancouver. Also, they have a new album, All Across This Land out now. Their music ranges from southern rock to blues to alternative to folk and makes for a great live show. 

I was most excited when they played "Sleepytime in the Western World" one of my favourites from Furr which they didn't play in Vancouver. Also the title track from All Across This Land transformed into a rockin' party anthem live that the whole crowd dancing.
I arrived with a group of friends, many of whom were unfamiliar with the band, and after a night of epic guitar solos and dancing, left with a bunch of new Blitzen Trapper fans!

Until next time Blitzen Trapper!


No comments:

Post a Comment