It's been a while since I have fallen this hard for an album. This debut by 20 year old Lucy Dacus is probably my favourite record of the year so far. Her voice/delivery reminds me a little of Sharon Van Etten or Daughter but she is a unique force of her own. Lucy Dacus's gorgeous voice sings brutally honest lyrics accompanied by powerful drumming and heavy guitar riffs which all combine into an epic and beautiful album that make me want to crank up the volume, dance, laugh and cry a little at moments. What more could you want from an album? I will be listening to this one a lot this summer.
I thought you'd hit rock bottom
But I'm starting to think that it doesn't exist
Because you've been falling for so long
And you haven't hit anything solid yet.
If you want to see the world you have to say goodbye
No comments:
Post a Comment